Friday, August 1, 2008

Christmas in July!!

One of the tatting groups (HBT) decided to do a Christmas in July exchange. I finally got to open the package from my partner Shawna on Thursday! WOW! Take a look -






Shawna is one talented lady - she made the coolest tatting bag. Out of a potholder!! She embellished it with her own heart design (very pretty). She also sent an ornament covered in purple tatting, seed beads, punchneedle thread & lots of chocolate. The tatting bag was also filled with tons of goodies: vintage thread, more beads, coilless safety pins, easy thread needles, folding scissors, baby hair clips, a hanky and a Susan Bates shuttle! Hope I didn't forget anything!












Thank you so much Shawna! You put so much thought into this. And thank you Sue for organizing such a fun exchange!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool tatting bag. The ornament is pretty, too. Don't ya just love how chocolate is associated with tatting. I know I do...LOL! It's a tradition to eat some chocolate on International Tatting Day, ya know!

Barman said...

Nice post! This is why I love your blog. What you need now is traffic

Unknown said...

Hello! I just came back over to invite you to my party!

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)